February 26, 2009

Daily Events

Deb: Today I have a lot of work to do, and not much internet speed to do with it. Tonight I have to finish an Astronomy Project. Basically perform an experiment using the Scientific Method on something basic like "Does the sun set in the same place everyday". Internet is acting up every once in and while and making it hard to turn in my assignments. (Called the Executive Number to Comcast to get ahold of the office of the president, so we'll see how this goes...)

Painting went very good yesterday and the main reason I am taking it is mostly color theory, but also of course to learn painting. The more I spend time taking classes, the more I am in love with art. I've thought about what I wanted to do in the future, but had always felt I would partially let it happen as well as naturally find what it is I am looking for. I thought about working in art gallery... or even just working for myself. It takes so much time to get good so it's not as simple as get out of college and have a career immediately... of course no bachelor's of arts should be that simple LOL. It will have to be something I put a lot of time and effort towards, everyday for the rest of my life.

Not much time to work on things, but having classes with it and working on it in my own time has helped a lot. You know how it goes. I get in a couple of hours when I can and have a sketchbook I regularly post in for critique.

I would like to spend more time sitting out in the open sketching. I get a lot of enjoyment from that and have done it in the past for figure and environment studies. The nice thing about the move to the new apartment is once the weather is warmer, I can sit outside and paint/draw, etc.

Sam likes the apartment too. She can sit behind the screen door and listen while staring at stuff while we're outside or just in general. She's claimed the mushroom chair as her "sleeping" spot since she can both wait for us to come home and has a view of everything going on should one of us wake up or leave.

Some gestures from Life Drawing.
Charcoal.





























No comments:

Post a Comment