February 25, 2009

"In The Beginning..." or "What's To Come"

This is the first of what will hopefully be many meaningful entries to come. For now though, welcome to our little experiment!

The idea behind this blog was one I had been considering for a while, but wasn't sure how to approach it. Then she mentioned the same idea I'd been having for a while. As is mentioned in the description, this is a shared blog of my writing about random or pointed things as well as a place for her to post and share her art.

I don't know if we'll keep the monikers that I've initially coined for us. Simply put though, they're German words that each of us try to or do exemplify in our lives or treasure dearly.

Herz is "Heart" and refers to her willingness to let her feelings guide her as well as her desire to share these feelings with others through her art. It also speaks to her love of many things and people. Her interest in politics and deep concern for this country and where it's people end up or currently are act as an example of that. This is also a place for her to track the progress of her hobby and her love of art. Much more explanation will likely have to be done by her so that I don't sit here and start putting words in her mouth. */me grins*

Ehre is "Honor" and refers more to my own determinations of right and wrong, yet still being able to understand and play "devils advocate" as it were while standing by my convictions. I also have a steady and constant "serve and protect" mentality which I am working towards developing in a career in law enforcement. I do however get a grin out of things I probably shouldn't at times. It's generally on an item by item basis, but as people get to know me, they understand that while I'm able to laugh at something horrible, I am disgusted by atrocities commited in blind idiocy.

Heim is "Home". This is what I like to think of our combined love, our views, our shared pillars of strength and our mutual care for each other as well as those in our lives. This blog could be considered a viewable example of these things, as I'm sure we'll talk about each other at times or work together on certain projects. There's plenty of things we will probably discuss or ask others to engage in. In that way, we invite people into our "Heim" and offer a place to be able to express views and ask or answer questions.

So with all this being said, expect to see political, observational, and personal writing. Expect to see quite a bit of art being posted as well. Of course there will also be other things that we randomly will make note of or share as we see fit.

Godspeed and I pray that this ends up as insightful as we hope it to be, both for us and any readers that happen by.

"
This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here:
HUGE SUCCESS.
It's hard to overstate
my satisfaction."
GLADOS - Still Alive
From Portal
Originally by Jonathan Coulton (playing Code Monkey!)

No comments:

Post a Comment